Saturday, January 9, 2010

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears. ~John Vance Cheney

It wasn't easy, but I made it to MN to be with my family. It was a quick trip surrounded by emotion. Things went better than I expected, but tragedy had pierced us deep. My family has had little tragedy. We have fought cancer, battled back from injury/accidents, divorce, had kids in the ICU, but I don't recall anything quite as gut wrenching as this.


So many are angered and feel they have been cheated. She filled a large spot in everyone's heart. She was my aunt. She babysat me, had me over for sleepovers, she made me a poster in art class that I hung in my room for several years (cat got your tounge-**of course**), she took me on a trip to see my aunt Pat and Uncle Barry, we shared a paino, she let me come over every monday after paino lessons, she let me watch her cable TV and recorded movies for us to watch. She recorded Adventures in Babysitting for us and even edited out the stabbing part because it was too violent. She came visit me in WY and made trips to visit me and meet me in MN. She was beautiful and funny and young.


We were given a blessing when she entered our lives and touched our hearts. I think I need to remember that I was blessed and still am and not be angered that my blessings have changed. Sometimes things are what they are, even though we don't understand it. Sometimes when God gives you something--"you get what you get and don't throw a fit." Just be happy we got to have her for 47 years instead of not at all. I tell my kids that all the time--we need to appreciate what we have and not so much about what we don't, especially when we can't change it.

The trip home wasn't much better. LeaAnn got a crack in her windshield, I hit a pheasant with her car and everyone at home including Chris had been sick. So this year is starting out a little rougher than I had anticipated--but it can only get better.
Which by the way. We had a good new year's. We had some friends over for supper and watched Travis Pastrana jump his car. Later that night my in-laws arrived for a couple of days of post christmas celebration, sledding in the big horns and just letting the kids play with eachother. It was a great time. In the past few years I have not had overly specific resolutions, but have been naming my years according to what I need to do. 2008=change 2009=nurture and 2010=growth (business, faith, family etc.) I have outlined it and everything so even though this year is starting out slower than planned I think its going to be a great year with many wonderful things to come.

No comments: