Thursday, August 4, 2011

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane

Haven't blogged in a while cuz I haven't had the time. Crazy Hectic is all I have to say. The kids were coming to work with me for a while. A lot of kids swapping which was fun. A huge thank you to the village that it takes to raise your kids! My village is amazing! I finally got Ike and Zoey signed up for kids camp. Which of course is a whole ordeal in itself. Isaac has hated kids camp for three years and Zoey not only has begged me to go for three years, but now that she is old enough to go she thought I was being mean to her not letting her go this summer. So still my kids have been swimming, bowling, playing dodge ball and kickball, making crafts, going to ice cream land and then coming home and playing in the sprinkler, going for walks with Twister and just running to no end.

Zoey has been signed up for soccer and of course they can't find a coach and the rec center has asked me to do it. I have NOT said yes yet, but I guess we will see. Isaac started football this week. Parent meeting and equipment pick up last night. So many things--at his physical the doc asked if we were considering getting him contacts which will make things for sports easier--he's only 8! But his stats are Hight: 4 feet 7 and 3/4 inches tall Weight: 76 pounds. Then, of course, I have never attended a football game as a parent and you mix that with the fact that all of the football games I have been to in the last 15 years I have worked them. So I did let the coach know that I am an athletic trainer, but I don't think he knows what that is as his response was "a lot of the parents have some first aid training through work." He has practices two to three times a week plus a game every week until the end of September. But he gets to go to football camp with the high school kids and a walk out night at one of the home high school football games. Isaac keeps telling Zoey she needs to wear his pads so that he can practice his tackling on her and that way it won't hurt of course. While waiting for the equipment the kids were playing and rough housing as football players should and of course Zoey was in the mix getting tackled by all the boys and when we get home she asks if she can play football too. She is going to be one tough cookie, but she sure is not afraid to hang out with the boys!!!

Work has been busy--super great! We are still trying to cram in a couple weekends of camping before school starts on the 29th. Chris's birthday is in there somewhere and as soon as I get a couple of more scheduling items straightened out I will let you know when I am coming back to MN for a quick trip. I think I am missing the reunion this weekend which really sucks, but may be I can come back for Stacey's wedding or something--who knows--you know me it will be last minute and a whirl wind and we will all just keep our fingers crossed that all works out as best it can.

No comments: