Sunday, January 22, 2012

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

I haven't blogged in a long time and that was kind of on purpose. By the time December hits things get pretty crazy and I was super grouchy all month. I started off the month with a teenager hitting my car. No one was in my car at the time. It was parked, but it totaled out the car. I got the money for the car and will hopefully soon be buying another vehicle that better fits my massage table and can better fit in kids for carpooling.

We hit a baby shower and four birthday parties. One of which was for Zoey. My baby is growing up way too fast. We had her party at the Rec Center Swimming Pool this year and the kids had a blast.

Work has been super busy which of course is a good thing. Scheduling clients about a month out to make sure they get in. Work has been busy for Chris as well, he even worked 5 days a week for a while before the holidays hit.

Isaac loved his basketball season. It was short, interesting to watch and he was fun to watch!! Not sure what his next venture will be. I heard the rec has indoor soccer so we might look into that. Zoey is fueling her love for hockey. She adores the boys that are her coaches and works hard and does well. We go to practice twice a week and usually try to watch the boys play when they are at home. We had such a break though at the last practice (I super hope it holds). She is very sensitive so when we put her gear on it takes a long time to make sure it feels right and often there are tears. However, at the last practice she says "Mom, I am just going to leave the gear. It doesn't feel good, but it always feels fine when I am on the ice. I don't know why."

So when I wasn't busy running here and there I worked on finishing and sending in my continuing education for my athletic training which had to be done by the end of December. We did make it to Minnesota for Christmas and spent a lot of time driving. But the weather was good and I was glad to spend Christmas with family. Thank you to all who put up with a stressed out Jara! I spent the rest of Christmas break home with my kids, updating and cleaning my office and unwinding. I am starting to catch up on everything, fall back into a good routine. Who knows if I am lucky I might even start posting all those pictures I keep talking about.

No comments: