Thursday, July 10, 2008

There's no place like home except Grandpa's!

While we have been kind of nomads this summer, we have been staying at Grandpa's house. I love staying there. Home Sweet Home. I think most know how wonderful I think my Grandpa is, but how great is it that I told him I needed a place to stay for nearly three months and he still said I could come. He did reserve the right to kick us out when he got tired of us--but really the three of us are a huge handful to take on. While we have been there he has played many rounds of Uno, Sequence, Go Fish, Old Maid, Memory and Penta with us. He plays with the kids on the swing, taught Isaac how to fly a kite and even hosed Isaac off after playing in a mud puddle afer a summer rain. He is amazing and I thank him so much for all he has done for us.







Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. ~Alex Haley

My Grandpa happens to be a very lucky guy. Part of that may have something to do with the handfulls of 4 leaf clovers he constantly finds. He found another one the other day and left it for anther day. I told Isaac about clover and the luck of a 4 leaf clover. By the way, I have NEVER found a 4 leaf clover. So I told him to ask Grandpa about it and he took Isaac over the patch where he knew this large clover was. Not only did Isaac find it right away, but he also found three more! I think they brought in 5 total!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree! grandparents are sucha blessing!