Thursday, July 24, 2008

We can tell our values by looking at our checkbook stubs. ~Gloria Steinem

I just need to vent for a very short time about something minor. Being unemployed, I have had the chance to watch a little more TV. (Which now means I watch some rather than none.) Anyway I was watching the View this morning and according to thier stats America spends 12 billion dollars on elective cosmetic surgery!! I have never been a math wiz or even real good at budgeting, but doesn't it seem like that is a lot of money. A lot of money that could wipe out personal debt, our country's debt, or stop world hunger or something? I guess we all spend money and on things we don't need. I would probably be just as amazed at how much we all spend at Starbuck's each year.
The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. ~Frank Hubbard

No comments: