Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? ~Winnie the Pooh

Well I haven't had my undies in a bunch for a while and boy are they bunchy!!!
Both the kids are doing well and growing up way too fast!! I'm trying to figure out how to slow it down, but am super proud of them for excelling. So the other day Isaac came home and cried and sobbed to Chris. He was super mad at me cuz I won't let him walk home from school in the cold and all the sex offenders. Yes, I am a horrible mom--just a meanie. So, I don't know anyone else in our neighborhood that lets their child walk by themselves, two people have been arrested in front of the school (last year) and I spoke with a mother this morning who just the other day watched a man drinking in front of the school, ogling the kids and took a girl into the apartment building. She didn't know what to do especially since she had her new born with her, but luckily the little girl came back out and went back to the school. I finally looked on line to see where these people who are making my life miserable live--yeah--everywhere, but since they all hang out at the school I suppose it doesn't really matter where they live. I finally told Isaac that this spring when the weather gets nicer I will get him a group to walk with. But until then it seems silly and negligent of me to let him walk in the cold when I go right past his school to get to Zoey's and I have the time. Chris feels that I am way too overprotective and if you feel the same--please let me know. Possibly there is an alternative that I am overlooking that will make Ike feel responsible while not making me freak out that terrible horrible things are going to happen to him. (short of getting GPS which I am assuming is expensive).
Zoey got her kindergarten shots today. Two in each arm. No crying. No screaming. Just telling the nurses a couple of times "That is sharp!" Then we get in the car and she's ready for Mrs. Kramer's class. After winter, spring and summer time Zoey. It has to be fall time then kindergarten will start. "Mom, that is a long way away!"she says with a sad face:( Then when I picked her up from preschool she decided that she could start on Monday. So I think we are going to have a long few months waiting for kindergarten to start. We got to Gillette so late when Isaac needed to register that I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to get him in, but with him safely enrolled at Sunflower I just thought that Zoey would be automatically enrolled. Not so sure. Most of the elementary schools just take the first 60 kids--first come first serve numbers based on how many teachers they have. Mom's in Gillette are getting up at 4:30am, grabbing a coffee and waiting in line for registration at 7:30am. Now I have gotten up early for years, but I have decided that doesn't necessarily make me a morning person and if I have to split my kids up--I am gonna be an UNHAPPY MOMMA! So I went to the office today and asked them if I should wait in line to make sure both my kids are at the same school. She assured me that Sunflower doesn't have lines like that and if I come in anytime from Feb 8-12th I should have no problems getting her in. Not sure what I am going to do yet--just wish me luck!!!!Pretty sure getting your kid in school is worse than the electronic/toy sections on black Friday.
Other than that things are going well. We are all back into our regular routine, which does make me feel at ease. Isaac is right where he should be and not behind after missing several days of school in December and is probably signing up for baseball this spring and possibly not doing soccer. We will probably still sign Zoey up for soccer and I don't really know that I am looking forward to standing in the cold again, but at least I won't be coaching!
Work is good and I have been working out again. Still drinking pop:( but its really my only nemises.

No comments: