Saturday, October 9, 2010

I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere. ~Author Unknown

Our weeks are still busy, but definitely just normal chaos these days. Issac had his last soccer game of the season. He didn't make many goals this season, but stopped several! He really enjoyed it. Zoey had her last gymnastics session and will be starting ice skating next week.
Chris and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. Last year for our 10th I felt that we had kinda hit a milestone, but at the same time I felt very old. We put in a new water heater, cuz ours had gone out. We did go out for a nice dinner but Isaac got hurt and the babysitter didn't tell us--don't think we have had a sitter since. So this year, I wanted to do something a little more special (even though we had a good time last year). So we spent Friday night in the Black Hills. We stayed at a bed and breakfast and ate at some good restaurants. The next day we went to Prairie Berry Winery and sampled some wines. I wanted to hike so much more, but Chris not only has been hunting and therefore hiking alot, but it bothers him to hike during hunting season and not be able to hunt at the same time. The drive through Spearfish Canyon was awesome though!! I should have stopped to take more pictures.
The kids' school pics came back this week and turned out great. Isaac is always so proud. He picks out his clothes and likes to dress up for them. Note the NEW dimple on his right cheek--that one is from day care last summer playing ninja. That poor boy's head:( Zoey the day before pics were taken had shredded her shirt during recess and had a mark on her forehead from headbutting my nose. So I was glad when they did the kindergarten first that morning and that her goose egg went away quickly.

No comments: