Monday, November 29, 2010

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. A couple of days late. Wednesday Isaac woke up with his croupy cough, a sore throat and a horse voice. Breathing was great tho! So I took the day off work, called the doc who had surgeries all day. She did call me back and we got him on his advair and steroids again. I wanted somebody to listen to him anyway. It was a very good sign that I couldn't hear him breathing from two rooms away, but I wanted to double check. I dropped Zoey off at Kindergarten and Ike to the school nurse. She was in a meeting so we waited. She didn't come so we went to Walmart to pick up his meds came back to see if she could have a listen and she still wasn't back yet. So I called one of the nurses I worked with when I was working with the school district and she was totally awesome. She listened to his lungs, throat, looked in his ears and throat, took his temp, his O2 stats and swabbed him for strep. We started him on his meds right away and gave him a nap so that I could send him out hunting in the brutal cold (and no docs for like 100 miles). and he totally sounded better in the morning!!! He had a great time visiting with family in Ekalaka Montana. Its a high light for him every year. Zoey and I just hung out. She helped me get ready for the open house at my office and she always loves being in charge. Friday we stayed in and baked. I really just didn't want to go anywhere. I did attempt some online shopping, but they were out of stock on everything I tried to buy:( oh well. Saturday Chris and Isaac came home with a deer. We had Eric and Justin over for supper and Justin's kids came too. I made apple cider that made my whole house smell just amazing! I also made cherry salad, green bean hot dish, sweet potatoes with apples, stuffing, gravey, cresent rolls and a blueberry sourcream pie. Chris fried the turkey and it was great. But I couldn't get the guys to finish off all the food. I tried, but still ended up with left overs. And now we are on to Zoey's birthday and then christmas. I will attempt to swich my new moon music out for some christmas music. New Moon is out anyway as Eclipse comes out friday at midnight. I wasn't really worried about getting it at midnight, but my neighbor's husband is going and picking up a few copies. Party at my house! and probably with some of that apple cider.

No comments: