Saturday, July 23, 2011

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

This summer almost seemed to get a slow start. However, now I can't seem to slow it down enough!! We spent a full two weeks in Minnesota. It was so good to see everyone and get together and fish, and boat and swim and jump on the trampoline and of course eat. Perhaps I should have done more jumping on the trampoline than eating--but it was a good time and I thank everyone who put up with us while we were on our trip.

Now that we are back, I am still kinda trying to get back into the groove. Unfortunately, I have lost focus (again) and can't always easily decide which groove I am supposed to be in. I finally worked out yesterday--first time in three weeks!!!! May be that will kick my butt. That is not counting of course taking Twister on her walks. It has been so long since she has been out of the yard and on her leash, that it is insane to go with her. Make sure you have the right shoes on cuz jogging WILL be involved. School supply lists are already out in the stores for my third grader and first grader. Sign ups are going on for Zoey's soccer and Ike registered for football last spring. He needs to get his physical done and equipment pick up is next week.

My friend had her second beautiful baby last night (Aubrey Grace) and so we were able to babysit her toddler last night. Having Ava over was fun and my kids totally take care of her making sure she has everything she needs.

Zoey has been a bit sick lately with a fever. On the good side, it makes her sleep good--and long. On the down side--yesterday it was 102.8 and even though its way down now she hasn't totally kicked it yet. I haven't had to give her any medicine today, but boy is she mad at us for making her take it easy and rest and get better. Crazy girl.

No comments: