Saturday, July 9, 2011

No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one. ~Elbert Hubbard

The first segment of our trip has already passed (actually I already blogged about it but my computer lost it:()

We left Wyoming last Thursday with Zoey and Twister. Twister got a little nervous and threw up in the car shortly after we left. But that was the only hitch on our way here. We headed up north on Saturday and everyone had a blast! There was never a shortage of things to do. It was so fun to watch the kids tube, swim, fish, get minos, take off their fish and even put their own minos on!! We were sun toasted the very first day. I use sunscreen, but always forget to reapply and regret it later. So I was pretty red and then a mosquito bit my eye so that was swollen and purple for a few days. Because my eye was so swollen, I had one eye lid that tanned and one that did not. Fishing was good, but I didn't get a good keeper until the last night. Isaac even learned to drive the boat. He was SO EXCITED. My kids are exhausted but are having the time of their life! All of the cousins were there except for one. 2 one year olds, 1 four year old, 1 six year old, 2 eight year olds and a 10 year old. Hopefully this is the stuff they will talk about when they are my age and say "Remember when..."

Isaac got croup the Sunday before we came to Minnesota. We hoped it would pass before we left, but of course it got worse. We put him on steroids again and a prescription allergy med. He seems to be doing OK, but has a lot of coughing. He gets so sick of Chris and I always asking him about his breathing. But with so much going on all time, like full afternoons of swimming its hard to tell if he is just tired, if he just hasn't been swimming that much recently or if we need to get him to the hospital. Poor kid!

We have some more visiting to do yet

No comments: