Friday, October 21, 2011

Boys are beyond the range of anyone's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years. ~James Thurber

Our days are finally finding more routine, which is very comforting to me. It has been great to see the kids try new things and enjoy them. We have many late nights with Zoey playing hockey on Mondays and Thursdays and I moved my evening clients to Tuesdays. She is so elated with this hockey. Ike plays basketball on Saturdays with this Saturday being the first game day.

Last weekend was eventful to say the least as my oldest child and youngest baby boy turned 9!! He has been telling everyone he is 9 weeks before his birthday, cuz it was close enough. He opted for a sleep over and apparently I just kept filling out invites without fully realizing that he invited 7 of his closest friends. That is a lot of 9 year olds in my house at one time! We decided to have the sleepover on Saturday the 15th and I really don't think that Isaac could have packed any more activity into that day if he had tried! He got up early and went duck hunting with Chris and our friend Justin. He came home, changed his clothes and went to basketball practice. When he got home it was time to turn 9. I spent my time cleaning the house, ordering pizza and picking up his m&m DQ cake and working the last rugby game of the season. Just barely making it home in time for the party. We had a pinata, played some games and watched movies. The kids were picked up by 10am the next day. While my kids did not do much, but play with new toys they also did not take a nap either. We ate at the Rootbeer place (A&W) and that was all Ike could handle for the weekend--he was sleeping before 7pm! He hit some new milestones this year. We are in the process of ditching the booster (which gets put back in the car when we have extra kids to take to school) and of course he did not order off the kids menu either when we went out to eat. Of course with all this excitement I totally forgot to make his birthday cupcakes for school on Monday so I was baking (not early, but late) at 8am before school and between clients frosted and brought them in. I felt terrible about forgetting, however, when he came home he told me how good they were. Apparently, better than the ones I made for him last year.

Picture day today. Don't know how that will turn out. But tonight is veg night and I can't wait!

No comments: