Sunday, October 2, 2011

I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

This weekend has been just as busy as any other, but keeping me on my toes none the less.

I attended my first Ring Wars Mixed Martial Arts fight on Friday and totally lived through the whole thing as I was nervous to go. I took Zoey to watch hockey. It was the Gillette Wild Junior National Teams Opening game. Ike came too and we all had a great time.

I don't know that anything is ready to slow down yet. This weekend also included Zoey's soccer game, Isaac's last football game of the season and rugby (but that was cancelled due to communication conflict). Tuesday marks the end of the fall season with Zoey's last soccer game at 5:30 and Isaac's football banquet at 6. He then promptly starts basketball on Saturday and Zoey with Hockey the following Monday. However, each of these sports has set days and I think that will be easier to work with than the random times for soccer and football.

I took the kids in last week to get their glasses adjusted and the lady cracked Zoey's frames. She ordered new ones and they came in wrong. Zoey looks cute in these pink glasses with black letters on the side, but she wants her old ones back.

Chris went hunting. I don't much like when he is gone, but they had a good time in Pinedale. Weather was good, but everything would have been better if they had a shot a getting an elk. Maybe next year.

So just for good measure it has been in the upper 80's-low 90's the last couple of days. So nice really, just strange. But our tomatoes have not ripened yet so I am hoping this blast of heat will help.

No comments: