Monday, October 8, 2012

Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside. ~Rita Rudner

This has been a busy fall season.  The kids have finished up soccer.  Many times playing at the same time, but at least they were playing at the same park.  Zoey loved to score.  Isaac scored also, but loved to play defense.  I am hoping for a very low key holiday season.  So since Isaac's basketball doesn't start until January, I decided Zoey can wait until January to play hockey.

My business is doing very well.  It really picked up after the school year started and everyone got back from vacation.  I am still doing all the massages for Gillette College as well as the hockey team and medical coverage for the rugby team.  All of which is in full swing right now.  We are working with a Doctor's office (Family Medical Care)  I rotate there once a week and they are keeping us full as well.  In the spring we will be moving all our offices in with them.  There is a building they purchased and are renovating now.  There will be space for others to rent as well so it will be a great one stop shop for your medical, manual and chiropractic care.  I work from 9-4 so the kids ride their bikes to and from school and I meet them at home when I get done.  The kids love the independence!  But this month is very busy.  We have gotten the baby's room done, minus a couple of things that I asked Chris to do.  At my last Dr. app she said -Well I need to start seeing you every week, but I will be out of town so schedule every two weeks like we have been and you will be fine.- I am not superstitious but it did make my head spin a bit.  I told her that was fine, but the last time a doc told me that I had a baby.  It didn't help that Chris has been betting that not only the baby will come early,but this week.  I feel a little jinxed.  So either way we are ready and can focus on other things this last month before the baby comes.

Next thing on our list of course is Isaac's birthday.  He is turning 10 already.  The time is going so fast!  We are having his party at Mac & Roonies this year so him and his friends can play arcade games for a few hours.  He is so excited.  We are even having an army/camo theme.  Which is also what he has decided to do for Halloween as well.  I had a dream the other night that he was a teenager already.  So strange.  Where did my baby boy go?

Next of course (first in Chris's mind) is hunting season.  Chris has been taking the kids hunting and had already brought back grouse, ducks and an antelope.  He still is hunting for deer and has two tags for his elk.  He has a great party for elk hunting this year and gets to hunt in the Big Horns so he is very pumped.  They will be leaving this weekend for a week.  He will be gone for Isaac's birthday, however, this year Isaac is starting 4-H and will be taking shooting sports which includes gun safety.  He cannot actually hunt himself until he is twelve, but he knows that when he is old enough, birthdays will be spent with his dad.

Once Chris gets back we will have about a week before the baby comes.  Zoey is helping me with the count down.  She says she still does not like the baby, but she is excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl.  Me too actually.  Zoey wants a sister and Ike wants a brother.  I am not picky.  I plan to only work three days a week when the baby comes, however, I only plan to take two months for maternity leave.  I think that will be short.  Just planning to sit on the couch for two months and snuggle my baby as much as I can!! This leave should be easier than Zoey's.  I only had eight weeks with her as well, but I was also getting my master's and taking care of a toddler.  With nothing going on--I have no worries about this one!!!  Just keep it low key.

Sorry, no pics.  I tried and it is still uploading from last night.

No comments: