Monday, March 3, 2008

A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice - especially when she's taking a nap. ~Author Unknown

It was almost odd today coming to the training room. I haven't been here since Thursday--had to check and make sure everything was still in its proper place. Unfortunately, both the boys and the girls lost in the playoffs and will not be attending the state tournament. No Practice this week.
So the weekend was pretty relaxed. Friday I worked a half day and it was jean day! Fabulous!! Friday was also Isaac's favorite day. It was the last day of February, movie and jammie day (due to leap year) and a class trip to the dentists office. He had been looking forward to this day for so long and was so nervous he was going to miss out. While he was on his field trip, Chris and Zoey went fishin'. Chris has finally figured out how to take her fishing and not have to come home after only 45 min. He brought her potty chair. She won't go outside, but I guess the potty chair out there makes quite the difference. The three went fishing again on Saturday, but no fish were caught this weekend. We watched a ton of Sponge Bob and I got spooked watching Gothica by myself. Since they went fishing Saturday morning--I went knitting in Kalispell.
I cooked, cleaned, knitted, played a couple games of sequence, and Isaac rode his bike to the park at least 5 times before wiping out in the mud of our driveway wearing his favorite khaki church pants.
Zoey I would like to add has (knock on wood) slept through the night for 2 months now. I am so proud of her. She is not the same early riser she used to be. She likes to sleep until 7 or so now. So when I go in to get the kids up in the morning she usually says "Isaac first" or "I am still napping" or "I am not ready yet Mom". And there is a bear cage I am not willing to put my hand in--So I go for Ike first. Yesterday I got her to sleep twice. Once for her nap after Chris told me she hasn't been napping in the afternoon. And once at night. Like late at night after we heard her running around their room several times. But both times I went up and we were both calm and she let me lay by her and massage her face. She LOVES that, but on her own time of course. It took less than 5 minutes for her to be out. And this may be early--but I am hoping to be done with pullups soon too. I think IF I can get her to go potty before bed and POSSIBLY not drink so much before bed--we could be in great shape. After 5 straight years of diapers I won't know what to do with my extra time.

No comments: