Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. ~Author Unknown



The house came with a bunch of roses and they are still blooming!! Everything here needs great attention, but at least we have something to work with.
We have been pretty busy lately. Wednesday we went to a birthday party. Thursday we went to a magic show. Friday Sage came over to play with the kids after school. Saturday we went to the dog show with Solems and had them over for supper. Sunday we went to church and Sunday School. Today is picture day. I really hope that Isaac doesn't have a koolaid mustache for his pictures. You would think I would not have given him red koolaid today of all days. I guess we will see.
I have been baking quite a bit. I have found that I super love apple dumplings. Something about that butter and sugar mixture on soft warm bread I think. The massage biz is going very well. Not quick and speedy, just well. I also got hired by the Rec Center so that will help things out too.
The kids have been busy riding their bikes, playing kick ball (we just run in the yard and kick the ball) and batting the softball. Zoey is very proud. She is starting to ride her big girl bike. She can't touch the ground when she sits on it, so climbing up is interesting, but she has enough motion in her little ankle that she can pedal like her big brother. They both can hit the ball well and enjoy it so much. I was glad to see Zoey start kicking the ball around in the yard. Usually if we play that game, she stops the ball and lays on it and the game is over. She still runs like a girl and I think I will have to fix that soon. Considering that I am a girl, I can't believe how much that irritates me. But I have been teaching biomechanics for years and can't get it out of my system.
The other morning their was a butterfly in our house, flyin' around. I think it may have been a moth, but it was large and colorful. Isaac caught it and put it in a tupperware container. We showed it to the neighbor girls and kept it til Chris came home from work and then released it back outside.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Guys just want to say congrats on the new house new job 1st day of school way to go ike!!! Love the back pack!! Miss you ike and zoey I kind of got used to you guys just bein here!! Libby says hi and she can now count to 4 she combines two and three together twoee but it still gets her to four so all is good!! Love ya all Amy