Friday, September 5, 2008

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

You know I don't read much just for pleasure. I read mostly about hydration and proper body mechanics and how stubbing your toe makes your back hurt. But the poem I posted is from a book called ten poems to change your life by Roger Housden. The title intrigued me and so I read. And cried. And just thought I would share. This book actually sits in my office. Yep, I have an office.
I am employed again and with great joy. I am a massage therapist for Touch Stone Massage Therapy. I share a space with an exceptional lady-Rachel Nava. I specialize in pre/post event massage, sports massage and therapeutic massage. I also work by appointment only. This is a great set up as I no longer wake up at 5:30 am! I am also hoping to be able to do some personal training at the Rec Center, keep our fingers crossed on that one. So far so good--I do feel a bit liberated as I am doing exactly what I want and for now it seems that I have time for my kids, my husband, my job and EVEN ME. I am so not used to this, but I think I can adjust.
Isaac is loving school and meeting new friends. Zoey is doing well at day care, but having a harder time warming up. We are definitely in a season of change. The weather has quickly cooled off and I image the leaves will change soon. It was still super hot over the Labor Day holiday so we went to the beach with Solems and played in the sand. I think we have shoved everything into our summer that we possibly could have and now moving on to family time at home. We moved at a crazy time so we missed out on free gymnastics, swimming lessons and soccer registration. But I think we should be fine for the time being and we will see if we need any extra curricular activities come winter.

No comments: