Friday, January 30, 2009

When an illness knocks you on your ass, you should stay down and relax for a while before trying to get back up. ~Candea Core-Starke

Zoey has been home sick with a fever of 103 for two days. Usually she is the faker, with a pretend cough then saying "Mom I have a bad cough" looking for a trip to the doc or some medicine. She didn't need to see the doc, but no school and no ice skating lessons for her. Ike had to go to the lessons anyway, even though he is just going because Zoey wanted to take lessons. Ice skating is not really his thing. So anyway, this morning he wakes up and decides HE needs a sick day too. No stinkin way!!! He wasn't even going to get dressed, just made up his mind. Right before we leave his eye is pink and swollen. I tell him to stop itching it and it probably wouldn't be red. Shortly after I arrive at work I get a call from my friend Juanita--subbing for the regualar nurse at Sunflower. Apparently Ike has to come home until he has been seen for pink eye. Did you know that you can get pink eye meds over the counter? You can. So I asked my doc about it and she said that it would be good to use for eye irritation due to allergy. So we get a prescription for that and since we are there why not throw in some strep and an antibiotic for that too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I"ll say sorry ahead of time!!! I wish ur kids wouldnt of got sick from Libs we will totally take the blame for that!! and Ike prolly didnt want to go to school cuz he didnt want to get kicked at lunch!!!

Jara said...

Its so not your fault. I invited libby to come stay with us and besides, I really don't think they have what she did. Maybe. And it seemed to me that Ike was a pretty quick learner. I don't think he would be slow in that lunchroom!