Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard. ~Anne Sexton

What an amazing weekend!! We were finally busy and hot and social. We had a fabulous thunderstorm last night, but other than that the rain has taken a little rest. Friday I worked at the Rec Center, got my hair done, picked up the kids from their last day of school, sent Zoey to a birthday party in a limo and watched Chris play some softball. Saturday we started a little slow, but went to opening day at the baseball fields, watched Isaac play some baseball, then went to Brad's Grandma's Ranch for a shin dig thingy. There was grilled food, horse shoes, kids playing with horses. We took a tour around the ranch and I totally freaked out on the part I considered to be off roading (the guys of course will tell you that there was a road--I apparently was the only one that couldn't see it:)). We had a bon fire, fireworks and just enjoyed the warm nice night. Sunday the kids both slept until 10am and I let them since summer vacation isn't really a vacation for my kids. But it was nice and hot, so the kids spent some time in the sprinkler. Twister was hilarious!!! She would try to drink out of it, attack it, run through it, drag it around the yard and howl at it. Then in the evening we went to Solem's and enjoyed another perfect evening. The wind wasn't even blowing that night, it was so peaceful. The kids were good and spent their time jumping on the trampoline. It was a little strange--Ike got his glasses stepped on so Monday morning we went to Gillette Optometric and had them fixed. I had four personal training clients and a massage client with no daycare. So the kids came with me in the morning and hung out with the neighbor girls in the afternoon. Anyway, as I am coming home after giving a massage, Chris calls and lets me know that Ike's glasses are broken! I said we already went in this morning and had them fixed. He says no--Twister jumped on Isaac and chewed them or something. So we went back again today. Good thing those glasses are still under warranty!!! But we have a plan of action now for a while anyway. We are working on getting through baseball season. Games this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The kids are going to a summer program for the month of June. I do have to say that Gillette does have the best free programs I have ever seen! And there were so many good ones to choose from too. Of course we cannot wait for our Minnesota vacation!!!

1 comment:

peggles said...

when is your minnesota vacation?