Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baseball is a fun game. It beats working for a living. ~Phil Linz

Well here I am again.  I have been avoiding the blog as things have been incredibly hectic here.  Once again it is time for some change.  I have applied for a teaching possition at the Gillette College to teach health and wellness.  I am  hoping that it will be a good stepping stone to working at their athletic facility--once they get around to building one.  However, the possition is adjunct which is part time and currently they do not have an open possition like I thought.  After this semester I think they are going to look and see what classes they want to offer for the fall and then see if they have a pool of applicants to choose from.  So who knows! But writing my teaching philosophy was stressful since I have never attempted that before and had to google it to see what it was.  Also on the work front I am officially getting paid from Sharecare and I am attempting to start some new programs (again) at the Rec Center.  It all keeps me on my toes.

Next up is my car.  It is a 2001 Chrysler Sebring that we bought in 2002 when I was pregnant with Isaac.  It has been with us through 2 kids, countless moves, taken us through Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, (a wrong turn into Illinois),  Minnesota and back--several times.  It has had two deer run into it, one truck rear end it, some schuck back into it, slid into a hitch and had a kid slide into it with his car.  We have gotten our money's worth out of it!! Last week we sold it.  I will miss it.  However, most of our friends have more than one kid and if we ever help them out with rides we end up short handed.  We give our neighbors rides to and from school all the time and just having the three kids in the back usually resulted in a struggle. So I have gone all soccer mom, broke down and bought a Chevy Uplander.  Yup, a mini van.  I said I would never own one, but next week I am getting one delivered right to my house!  I think I will really like it though. Having a car payment is not top on my list.  Haven't had one in such a long time.

Spring is in full swing.  This week Zoey has baseball practice on Monday, Chris has baseball practice on Tueday, Zoey has baseball practice on Wednesday at the same time Isaac has his first baseball game of the season.  Isaac has a baseball game on Thursday and Chris is playing darts on Friday.  Saturday is the mule deer banquet--which means that Chis and Isaac are going to that with Chris's friend Justin and his daughter Ericka who is the same age as Isaac.  Meanwhile Becki and I will be eating pizza and knitting while Zoey and Brianna have a much anticipated sleep over.  Hopefully we have good weather.  It hasn't been as rainy as the last couple of springs.  Just kinda up and down with the temp.  However, this past Saturday I covered a Rugby game and when we got there to set up it just poured!!  It let up once the game started, but we were already soaked.

Things have been crazy and I haven't had much time lately, but this morning was fun for me.  I made the kids french toast and bacon for breakfast.  The kids were playing great together.  They were rich because Zoey was a fashion designer.  Isaac--the undecided one, said he was getting paid for not going into work.  (I don't think it works that way.)  I had 80's music playing.  Isaac says "Is this real music?"  Thanks Isaac.  By lunch time they had their fill of eachother and we were back to our regular cranky selves again. 

On a totally unreated note-- Sunday nights is now my new favorite night to watch TV.  Once Upon A Time is so good.  I don't know what the new fascination is with Snow White as the show is mostly about her and of course there are two new Snow White movies out right now.  But it is so good.  After that comes the final season of Desperate Housewives and then CSI Miami.  Not that Miami is all that good, but I watch all of them. 

No comments: