Monday, May 28, 2012

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. ~Dr. Seuss

It has been wet here this week.  However, Saturday night instead of the air just being soaking wet we actually had a thunder storm with pouring rain, thunder and lightening.  We don't get too many of those here.  Some, but not often.  Well, it started in just about bed time for the kids.  It kinda riled them up a bit and Isaac decided it was a great time to play games.  So since we didn't do anything specific for the holiday I let them stay up late for some family time.  It was a great time, the kids went to bed really late and slept in really late also.  Ike didn't get up til ten, which is his way of telling me on Sundays that he really doesn't want to go to church.  He still thinks that if I don't see him, I won't get him up in time for church--silly kid!  Well all that sleeping in gave me energy to work on the house.  I cleaned and scrubbed and rearranged.  Still have some more to do today, but I felt like I got a lot done yesterday.  Now all I have to do is make my husband realize that we are not going to finish as many projects on this house as we had originally planned so we can just sell it and get out of here.  I think he has finally realized we are going to sell the house, but all of a sudden he thinks we need to redo the whole house, but I want to move the kids to the country before they are 18!

The kids have a day and a half of school left.  I can't believe the school year is finished already.  It seems we just had new year's.  But now I have a fourth grader and second grader.  But we have a busy summer planned with me doing sports training at the Rec, kids at kids camp and hopefully lots of camping.  Baseball doesn't finish up until the middle of July.  Of course if the rain stops we might even get some work done on the house.  Our roses are amazing.  The whole bush on each of them is always covered with blossoms and we have a variety of sizes and colors.  The flowers the kids gave me for mother's day are blooming.  Chris has been working on the garden and apparently has done something right because the strawberries are amazingly huge this year.  The plants as well as the berries.  Plus we covered them with nets this year in hopes of more for the humans and fewer for the birds!  When we moved here we had a plant that never bloomed.  The first year we thought maby it was a tulip, but we eventually figured out it was an iris.  This year--almost 4 years after we moved here--it bloomed.  I missed taking pictures, but it had three beautiful blueish iris flowers on it.  We were so excited!  Zoey loves gardening too.  She is often out helping Chris with the garden.  She also ordered from her last book order "Monster Plants".  It was a book that also came with monster cucumbers and monster tomatoes.  You might want to ask her about her monster plants the next time you talk to her--she is pretty proud of them.

No comments: