Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. ~Author Unknown

The night before I left for the Cities, we got more rain. Imagine that. We got about 4 1/2 inches in a very short amount of time and I am pretty sure most of that was in my Grandpa's basement. I had never really been through a flood before. Heard about most of them. Remember our basement was wet once, but actually watching the water rise where I had never seen it before was an interesting experience. Luckily the basement, the ditch and the roads all emptied themselves by the morning. As I drove, the roads were dirty with large piles of dirt and debris where the water had come up over the road. Some of the gravel roads were closed.
I made it safely to St. Paul and spent time visiting with college friends. It was good to see them and meet their children that I had not seen yet. I took the kids to the Mall of America. I enjoyed going back their more than I thought. We went to Underwater World and the kids liked it so much we went through twice. They have changed Camp Snoopy to Nickelodeon Universe or something like that. So we walked through there. Not to ride the rides, but to see if we could find Sponge Bob. We did! He was with Patrick Star of course and we got our pictures taken with them. And wouldn't you know it but the Avatar was there too! So we met him and had our pictures taken with him. After all that excitement we had to stop for some Superman ice cream in a sugar cone. The kids were great! I had such a fun time with them.
Today we went to the Como Zoo. Another day of total excitement for the kids to see all of their favorite animals and of course treats and rides.
Luckily my cold is starting to go away. As tomorrow we start our journey to St. Louis. It may be hot down there and we may encounter some flooding on the way there, but I think it will be a very exciting week. I haven't been there for quite some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.