Sunday, June 22, 2008

The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed. ~Author Unknown

It just doesn't seem to me that we moved to Montana all that long ago. We were there a year and a half. It was great up there and my kids got a fabulous education. But now here I am--seeing my kids. When we got to MT my kids were 1 and 3. They were little, both still toddlers, one in diapers and one mostly potty trained. Now I have a five year old who can read, write and tell you all the oceans and layers of the earth and that there are 9 planets except that Pluto is not really a planet so there are only 8. Zoey is looking very forward to being 4 and she has grown so much that she will feel like a four year old. She is extremely creative, can climb on anything and according to her daycare providers she will be an engineer someday. None of my children are in diapers (an occasional pull up at night), we chucked all the sippies when we moved. I miss my babies and usually joke with them that they can't grow more until they have my permission. But at least they are growing into fabulous little people that I am so terribly proud of. I find it very difficult to think of Zoey as being 3 and not treating her as though she she is still a baby. Both of my children are very independant. Where does the time go. From 1 and 3 straight (soon to be) 4 and 6--I think I missed something!

1 comment:

Annie said...

It is crazy to think that your kids are that old. When we first met I think that Zoey was only four months, or so, and that doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

It sounds like all of you are doing well. How do like being back in Gillette?