Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

The other day the kids talked me into going to the library and we brought home tons of things. They opted to watch one of the movies instead of reading books that night. Of course when bedtime came-which was late-they still wanted their books. I gave one to Zoey and told her to read it in bed and when she was finished to go to sleep. Her responce " Mom, I can't read this." in her little 4 year old voice. So I gave her another book. "Mom, I can't read this either." She says very quiet and matter of factly. "What? You can't read at all?" What is preschool teaching her anyway? I explain to her that she just needs to look at the pictures and make up her own story.
Today at preschool they learned about teeth and brought a ton of things home. On the way to pick up Isaac she says "You have to brush your teeth if you have frogs in your mouth." "I have frogs in my mouth?" "No, in the story (she had a little book) if you have frogs in your mouth you need to brush your teeth." Well, I suppose if I had frogs in my teeth I would be brushing and rinsing and sanitizing. She was so excited about the teeth things that I asked her if she was going to clean other people's teeth someday. "No, just mine." she says. But she does love to brush her teeth.
By the way the kids are healthy and back to school and back to our regular to dos. This is the last week of ice skating. I have been trying to post pics, but my computer does not feel like it so the non facinating stories of my life will not be givin out in chronical logical order, but hopfully will be soon to come non-the-less.

No comments: