Friday, July 31, 2009

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent

Summer time is coming, here....wait I mean almost over. We had a slow start to summer with it actually raining in Gillette this year. It was cool, but nice to see green grass. We had a couple of warm spells, but yesterday the high was 60 (degrees Fahrenheit). We should be sitting pretty close to the hundreds by now. Whatever, my strawberries I tried to save from my yard didn't die because the sun fried them. No, I watered them everyday and then realized we had no sun (and or warmth) to keep them alive. Crazy.
The deck is going great! Nearly all framed up. Don't step out there yet, it'll be a while before it is finished, but going well. Chris bought a new Dodge Ram. I totally love it and hope he does too. The other one--well it was really time to say good-by.
Isaac has just finished up his t-ball season. He did so well this season. But just to clarify he played t-ball on an old fashioned lets play some ball kinda team. No uniforms, no specific other teams, just show up and we will play. I think Chris was somewhat disappointed, but for learning purposes I think the $24 team was very worth it compared to the much more serious $200 team. He enjoyed it. He learned a lot. I think? Today was the last day. Not many showed up, surprisingly. But they got to use the pitching machine which was a lot of fun.
I had recently taken some pictures of our friend Eric on his brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle and debated if it was blog worthy since most of you probably have not met him. Chris met him working with Dish Network and lived with him last spring/summer. Eric currently works at the power plant and was burned on 20% of his body. He was airlifted to Colorado with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. My nephew had an accident, nearly lost his toe and were excited to know it wasn't his whole foot. He is recovering well, but having to miss out on a lot of end of summer activities.
Hunting season is soon approaching. Already. So Chris and his Dad are scouting Pinedale to see how the hunting is this year. While they are gone, my mother-in-law and niece are staying with us. I do love the company. I always get so excited when nieces and nephews come to visit since I very rarely get to see them or spend much time with them.
I have been so upset with time, how fast it goes, the fact I don't know how to pause real time while still catching up on my own things. I just didn't think the summer was going to go so fast. There are still things I would like to accomplish, but I am going to a wedding next weekend. (Totally can't wait to see everyone!!!!) Its Chris's birthday the weekend after that. Then there is one weekend left, (of which I would like to go camping since I have not yet this year) before Isaac starts school. Yup. Only a few short weeks before school is here and fall sets in. Sept of course starts hunting season, so I am feeling somewhat smothered. In a good way of course, but I could use some summer heat and a little more time!

No comments: