Monday, December 14, 2009

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

It is great to blog from my own computer again. Once Isaac was on his way to recovery things have moved quickly. Chris spent the night with Isaac at the hospital. I got up early to finish laundry. I figured I had until almost noon. But my little guy wanted out. He was released at 8:15 am and walked from the hospital to the Ronald McDonald House! But the four of us were back together again:) It took Ike and I an hour to get to Denver and 6 hours to drive back to Gillette. The ride went well--even with all his aches and pains Isaac still ate well and tollerated the trip. It was so good to be home and then I pretty much freaked out. I knew this was a one time thing but we were sent home with no meds, there were no doctors or nurses checking his vitals or listening to his lungs every couple of hours, no machines to beep at me if something was wrong. I suggested that I sleep in his room as Chris and I had done all week. It was difficult to go from all to nothing. I am so happy to report that Isaac is very healthy and smiling and eating well and getting stronger everyday. He is pretty much back to his normal self minus some aches and pains from not moving for a week. He had a check up today and everything was fine. He misses his friends at school and will start with a half day tomorrow. I sent Zoey to daycare today while Isaac and I had mostly a doc day. But we made time to make cookies together and it was fabulous.
Thank you to everyone who sent prayers and well wishes--we needed everyone of them. Thank you to all who called, all who offered their help, to all who reached out to us when we needed support the most. We have been very blessed with lots of fabulous friends and family:) We feel blessed that this ordeal only lasted a week and didn't have any lasting effects. Thank you again.
In the mean time my daughter turned 5!! We told her that Sunday was her birthday and that Friday will be her party day. We did eat out that night and I have to say (again) that it was a great day to celebrate:)

1 comment:

Annie said...

What fabulous news! I am so glad that Isaac is doing well and back to his normal self. I bet it feels so great to be home:)