Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Thaksgiving!

So as it turns out I don't really like to blog from my phone. Don't really know why--I do everything else from my phone.

I have had an insane week or two--I don't know how long its been. Isaac had a fun thanksgiving program and most got to see the video when we went back to minnesota. The trip was great. I haven't celebrated thanksgiving with anyone except Isaac and Zoey in the last eight years so it was a bit overwelming to have four celebrations. Very yummy:). Also while I was there I had my 15 year class reunion and that was fun.

However, while we were there Isaac got his usual MN cough. I thought nothing of it and figured it would be gone by now. I didn't give him any meds today and he didn't get sent to the nurse's office for a mint to calm his cough. Well I went to pick him up from Active Kids and he was crying and freaking out cuz he lost his voice. His breathing wasn't great, but I calmed him down and we went home. The doc's office was closed, but I got the ER to call her. We decided to start steroids in the morning for croup. Well he threw up and had another lack of breathing attack all while not being able to talk to us. So we went to the ER, had a breathing treatment and a few xrays. I find the whole "let's stay at the hospital" thing incredibly irritating. I suppose its not to be fun so you don't want to come back soon but come on. The ER wasn't bad but the nurses on the floor could really be more attentive. I know we are not the only ones here, but could they attempt to get things done when we get up here? They said they would bring in his meds and a popsicle (since he has had nothing to eat since lunch)right away before he is sleeping for the night. Two hours later (after 11pm she brings the meds and of course has to wake him)and doesn't bring him a thing to eat. What time does she think a sick 7 year old goes to sleep? She aslo told me she would bring a cot-I told her it would be fine when she suggested it but I really don't think its comming (got a pillow and blanket at 12:30). And since I'm venting--its freezing in here, cartoons weren't on while Ike was awake, the shows I wanted to watch were over after he fell asleep and I still get to clean up after him. I have to wonder if they would have even known he threw up if I hadn't said anything. Also if he is taped to a pulse ox-- is it really necessary to wake him every couple of hours to take it on the other hand? Really? However, as frustrated as I am, Ike is doing much better now than when we came in. He has croup and his airway is pretty swollen. We are going to swab him in the morning to make sure he doesn't also have strep.Hopefully he will have a good night and most of the inflammation in his throat will go down by the morning so he can go home. But probably a couple days off school. He has been great even though plenty freaked out. Don't think I'll sleep much and just watch reruns of the late shows.

No comments: