Saturday, April 10, 2010

I had it all...but forgot where I put it

Wednesday afternoon I packed up and drove by myself down to Denver for the Rocky Mountain Athletic Trainer's Association Clinical and Symposium. I got a little lost trying to figure out how to get from my hotel to the symposium and back. Its great being with my likeminded peers!! I love it and it renews in me my pride for my profession as there is not a ton of that in Gillette. But I have gotten to meet other athletic trainers from Gillette/Wyoming as well as others in the district. I even met someone who has a business very similar to mine just on a much larger scale and that was good and inspirational to see. I have learned a ton. I went to a workshop for Spinal Reflex. If you tell some reflexes to stop you can alter many things. I told him my neck was sore cuz my traps were so tight. From that he fixed my leg length disgrepancy, eliminated my neck soreness and my sore throat and for good measure---I could touch my toes!!! But its cold in here just FREEZING. I sat for 3 hours today at a leadership workshop so I am getting a little edgy. I really miss my kids. Zoey has asked me for hugs and kisses and wants to know when I will home. They would love to stay at the hotel with me!I am ready to go home but not till tomorrow. And since the speaker for psychological interventions for use with Injured athletes during the three phases of rehabilitation has started I should stop blogging.

No comments: