Sunday, April 4, 2010

Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. ~Floyd W. Tomkins

Happy Easter! We have had a good weekend. My kids have been on Easter break so all week I just kept hearing "Can we paint 30 eggs NOW Mom?" I have not seen my kids so excited since I took Zoey to the Dentist. So Saturday we boiled some eggs. Ike was getting the pans and eggs out so I wouldn't forget. After that I took the kids to the water park for the afternoon and by the time we got home it was time to eat. So by the time we got around to coloring eggs it got a little late, but they turned out really good this year. No pictures, as I never like the way the colors turn out on the pictures. But everyone was happy. Isaac was so excited he just shook" Mom, I just can't wait!" I asked "Well, what is the best part? Do you like to color the eggs or find them?" " I LOVE the HUNT"
Chris had to work today of course. He wasn't all that excited, but people scheduled to have Dish put in so he was there. We woke up the kids and they had Easter eggs to HUNT and find. He said that the Easter Bunny didn't leave Chris and me very much stuff. But the Easter Bunny did well this year and got good reports. We went to Church (the late service), but I didn't drink from the community challis this time so maybe I do have a learning curve-even if its slow!! We stayed for some light brunch, Isaac all of a sudden looks at me kinda disappointed and asks if he has to go back to school tomorrow. Yes, you do and I was pretty happy about it so he wasn't real sure if I was joking or not, but he was not happy about his new realization:(
We visited friends for the afternoon and then came home to cook. Last week or so I really wanted ham so I grilled some up. So I didn't make any for Easter dinner. Nope-we went nontraditional. Ike made Deviled Eggs, and rolled some of the crescent rolls. I made kabobs with marinated shrimp and veggies. Zoey made the strawberry rhubarb cobbler (with supervision of course, but it was tastefully simple so she mostly just had to dump out the ingredients into the pan). It all turned out pretty yummy! and only a little cobbler was leftover. While we were cooking I did ask my kids if they listened to the pastor today and new why we celebrated Easter (other than the hunt) Luckily they knew. Yay!! Also today as we were leaving the church Zoey saw the pastor through the window and waved--When she told me who, she actually said--Pastor Tom. This was the first time that she referred to him as the Pastor instead of God, but it was so super cute every time she called him God.

No comments: