Thursday, June 3, 2010

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood


Chris went to the Mule Deer Banquet a few weeks ago and looky at what he won. Yup a brand new Winchester (that we have put in the hands of our children). The raffle ticket came with his beer glass and was the only thing he purchased all night. He was more than excited!!!!!




Zoey's soccer season is over and tho the springtime wind was not all that pleasant--she very much enjoyed herself.






Isaac has started baseball. He totally loves it!! Mostly he plays catcher and with this brings a new manly milestone. His first cup.






Chris is the coach of Isaac's baseball team. He enjoys it, but has found out that it is a little more work than he thought it might be. So far we have had a couple of games rained out, but they are doing pretty good.
Our garden was quite a project this year. I marked it out last year with the existing railway ties. This year we pulled out all the grass, tilled it a few times and planted some strawberries, watermelon, pumpkins, cucumbers and corn. We are not sure how it will go just seeing what will happen.
So I don't know really what's all going on. When its sunny the neighbor girls are over a lot to play with the kids. Last week Zoey finished preschool (forever) which kinda makes me sad. She knows now that she has to wait till fall to start kindergarten, but keeps asking me when the fall time is. It will truly be a long summer for her. Isaac had his last day of first grade today and I let him have a friend over for the night. For now Zoey will just be attending her daycare for the summer. No major plans just yet as gymnastics is leaving Gillette. With no high school gymnastics brings no free program. The same lady is still running a free activity program, but its not specifically gymnastics. There are some club programs that are crazy expensive, so we just have to see. Swim lessons are somewhere in the future. Ike on the other hand is signed up for baseball, kids kamp at the rec center and enrichment so he will be super busy at least through July and then sign ups again.
Yesterday we had some medical fun. Isaac woke up about 5:30 am with his nasty croupy cough. I gave him some of the delsym that the doc had suggested I bring to MN with me and sent him to the showers. He sounded better so I took him to the school nurse first. She listened to him with wide eyes and asked if I had medicine for that. She was very concerned. So I took him to the doc. And I tell you--I have never seen one person mystify and scare so many docs all at once. He freaks them out!!! She says " I think we should start steroids, but I wish I could see in there and see what's going on." Not surprising from Dr. Thomas she is very hands on. She asks me if she thinks the ears nose throat doc will remember him from December. Well duh? Every doc in Gillette was staring at him in amazement. So she calls him (in hopes of a scope, which she doesn't get) but he says to add Advair and an epipen to the prescription. Fine. Whatever. So we wait forever at Walmart to get our prescription filled and the pharmacist reads the bottle of steroid to me AND THEN realized how high of a dose that is. He asks Isaac how old he is and goes and talks to the other pharm guy who totally agrees that it is a high dose. Isaac is taking the HIGHEST dose you can give a 7 year old without turning his insides out. Pretty much they all think he is going to stop breathing at any moment--hence the epipen. I obviously don't want machines to breath for him again and I understand that medicine in the past has not always worked, but I still feel some over reacting going on. Plus the advair he takes twice a day was super expensive and I have no way of knowing if he is actually sucking all the medicine out--so that bugs me. If I am paying for it and want to know if it is helping or not I want to know if its actually in him or not. Oh well. I sent him back to school after the doc app and he went to school with out restriction today as well.
And for some good spring fun we had a super hail storm. We were actually got hit moderately as south of us got his less and north got hit harder. We had about ping pong size stones while north of us got the golf ball size hail. We did get damage. Our garden got hit pretty good and all of our vehicles. I don't know the outcome of our roof yet. It was craziness and lasted much longer than I anticipated, but we got hit twice that night. There was some minor flooding and I am always amazed at how hail just accumulates and has to be removed like snow.

No comments: