Monday, June 7, 2010

Man cannot live on chocolate alone, but woman sure can. ~Author Unknown

Random late night rambling---
What a day!! Actually yesterday I was sick and got nothing done in the house. At All. The past few days I was having allergies and figured I should just suck it up. So we went to church and blessed the motorcycles for safe travels. And that was it for me. By the afternoon I couldn't turn my head and finally decided to check my temp--100.1. But the kids were good and both slept through the night. This morning my phone rings at 5:30am. Usually not a good sign in recent months, but it was just the rec center and I had missed it--It rings again. A personal training client askes "Is this the right day? Did we have an appointment today?" "Yes, we have an appointment at 5:30 this evening." She is not sure if that time works for her, I am not really awake--told her I'd call her back.
It is the first full week out on summer break. Last night Ike was not too excited about starting kids camp. I say"you don't want to play at the new rec center all day?" "Oh, its at the new rec center and we can swim and play games?" Yup--at the very same place you always ask to go to silly. So he packed his lunch this morning. He loves bringing a lunch as well as putting it together himself. However, I just realized some of the problem we had with this last year. I don't always clean out his lunch box until the next morning which tends to leave us short on ice packs. OOPS. So I drop Zoey off at daycare--reassuring her that she WANTS to play with her friends. I get Isaac to the rec center, but we go in the main rec center door instead of the enterance for the field house so we walk around wait in line to be registered. As we walk into to field house Isaac says "This isn't a farm." I am not sure if he thought they called it a farm house or if he just thought fields and farms went together, but it was kinda funny. I try to figure out which line is for his age group and wait in the wrong line so we head to the back of the longest line. Get him registered and off I go. My first client is personal training so I just need to head back to the rec center, but am running later than usual. Turns out fine as my client is also running late. But with massages to give right after I am still my frantic self. My schedule changed a few times. Gave three back to back massages. Now its after 4 and I have not picked up any of my children. Kids camp ends at 5 as does the kids zone that usually watches my kids if I have after school clients. So I pick them up and attempt to drop them off at home with Chris, but just like my day his schedule has also changed and he is not home. We travel back to the rec center--I don't change into my workout clothes just change shoes and the three of us wait for my last client to show up. Without day care I was hoping to have the kids play basketball, cuz I think they are old enough to be in there and I can pretty much see them from whereever I am at. But Zoey is mad that I don't let her run laps in the field house and I am trying to keep both of them close to me until my client arrives so they watch the rock climbers for a while. We did go play some basketball for a short time, but the "I can call you at 5am lady" never showed. So irritating!!! But Isaac did enjoy kids camp today. He made a boomerang and played at the park. Some kids from his class were there for him to play with. By the time we got home it was after 6 and we were all hungry and tired and wouldn't you know it--the chef forgot to show up too--so we had pizza for supper--from the freezer. Now to play catch up from yesterday--no one can find their clothes (even the ones IN their dressers).

No comments: