Friday, June 18, 2010

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds

So much is going on these days. A couple nights ago, I went to the Rec Center to work out and as I am enjoying the purpley sky and lightening, I am listening to the radio let me know that we had a tornado watch until midnight. I was just hoping that if a tornado came they would let me know in time as I was working out on the second floor of a glass building! We did not get much interesting weather that night, I don't really even think it rained. We did get really nasty wind that woke us all up the next morning. The tornado that was supposed to hit apparently moved on to Minnesota and destroyed quite a bit of southern Minnesota. I have only seen a few pictures posted on Amy's blog. But while buildings are still standing much repair will need to be done at my in laws and they apparently lost a lot of trees, down power lines, crazy stuff.



We have been getting more rain than normal still, but it hasn't slowed us down much. However, instead of working on the house (as I have such high intentions of doing) I instead have been watching movies and reading books. Isaac once in a while will claim that he doesn't like kids camp, but is so excited to tell me about his day and loves to pack his lunch. They have been making play dough, paper airplanes and contests, making homemade ice cream, swimming and playing games. He had finished up his first week at Enrichment. We finally got the bus schedule figured out after a call to the bus barn. The first day we waited, but it was late and I just didn't have the time, so I dropped him off myself. But since then he rides it there and back everyday about 20 minutes each way. I do get nervous about him finding the right bus, but I haven't lost him yet. He is taking storytelling/art. He got to do watercolor the first day and after that he worked with clay. He is taking kids concoctions which is just crazy. The first day he came home with oobleck (goo) which is a colloid and I was forced to not only recall what a colloid was but name the three colloids in my refrigerator. The second day he brought home several different types of polymers and he has made homemade sidewalk chalk and a rainbow in a baggie (its pretty, but I'm not really sure what to do with it). He is taking techno tooles. He doesn't really bring anything home from that class except homemade stickers--its kinda a computer class. He is also taking elementary sports. He did plyos on the first day and he's only seven.



In addition to this we have been attending baseball and softball games. Isaac usually plays catcher, but two games ago he got hit several times and a couple of times where he had no padding. He didn't get hurt, but that doesn't mean it didn't suck and so of course he doesn't want to play catcher anymore. He has become afraid of the ball, but I was so glad Chris got him to play a little bit of catcher in the last game. Not that he needs to play that position, but I really want him to get over his fear.



So the days are filling up and filling fast. I don't think I will be home for Grandpa's Wedding Reception, but who knows if I show up on a whim. I don't really want to miss it. But we are still working on the house. My car will get some of the hail damaged fixed next week and we will hopefully now by then how the roof faired as well. Anyone want to come help roof????

No comments: