Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire. ~William Butler Yeats

Yesterday was the first day of school. The kids got up early and I made French Toast for breakfast. We walked on over and got Isaac off first as he had a whole regular day of school. Zoey didn't have orientation until 10am. Which of course is just a load of fun cuz all the parents get to come in and while the kids go on a tour of the school and read a book in the library--we sit in the little chairs and fill out paper work. But after I took Zoey out for lunch and she helped me some at my office. Isaac was supposed to go to his first soccer game last night, but school had totally wiped him out. So I went to go get his schedule and jersey. On my way over, I saw the gymnastics gym and decided to stop--so I got Zoey registered for Sept gymnastics two nights a week.
This morning Chris was off to work by 5am. But I heard noise just after 6. I could hear eating and whatnot. Isaac had fried himself an egg and cut himself a slice of cinnimon friendship bread for breakfast and then put the clean dishes from the dishwasher away. When he came in to wake me up he was already dressed and in an outfit that actually matched!! What a man!! He got stickers.
Today was Zoey's first full day at Kindergarten. We walked again and we found where she was to line up when the bell rings. Its was quite the ordeal with all the parents hanging out, some still taking pictures, kids not sure who their teacher is etc.... Mrs. Kremers came out and tried to line them up, sort them out and found a couple extras in the mix. But off Zoey went for the day. Unfortunately, I kinda forgot to tell Isaac that I would be at Zoey's door to pick her up when the bell rang at the end of the day--so even though we found eachother ok--he was not happy with me for not telling him where I was.
We went straight to gymnastics after school today and Zoey was elated!! Isaac got to tag along, but tomorrow he has soccer practice and hopfully that will go well. We now have something planned almost every evening for like the next two months--so a running I will be:)

No comments: