Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snowmen fall from Heaven, Some assembly required

I finally got my snow day yesterday! It rained on Sunday, which I really don't appreciate the rain as much in the winter as I do in the summer. Especially that first good spring rain--I love it, but in the winter it is just not the same. By Sunday night the winds started to blow and I knew the roads were going to be bad in the morning. It doesn't make me get up any earlier. I refuse to wake up earlier than 5:30am so if weather is bad or what ever else, I am just late for work. We got up and it wasn't exactly pleasant outside. Chris decided to check things out. His truck can make it through anything, right? He was going to call me and let me know if it was OK to travel with the kids or not. Well, he made it up the first hill, helped some folks that were stuck in the snowdrifts and came back home. Now I am not exactly sure what those people were thinking, cuz Chris said the drifts were as tall as the hood of his truck and after seeing all the snow this morning, I believe him. But whatever, I can't say that I haven't needed to get somewhere and attempted drifts much larger than my car. The kids got to have a jammie day and I got some much needed laundry done. I love to sit by our fire and snuggle with my comforter (and possibly watch some sponge bob). Chris did eventually make it to work later on, but I on the other hand only stepped out to let the dog out. Today is still a slow go but a go none-the-less.

No comments: