Thursday, April 17, 2008

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of

I don't know where to start. So many feelings. Sad to leave. Happy to leave.
Monday, I get home at bedtime, like usual and have a fabulous conversation with Zoey.
Zoey: How was training today Mommy?
Jara: It was good. (a little surprized she asked me)
Zoey: How is the baskaball team?
Jara: (still really shocked about the questions) Well, they didn't make it to state this year. But I bet they will be really good by the time you get to play.
So I guess my three year old both knows what I do for a living and cares how my day was.
Today Isaac had another speech appointment. When I went to pick him up, I talked with his teacher for a while. He has read two books and his spelling is AMAZING. She couldn't believe how fast he went through his spelling works! His speech is still slowing him down some with actual reading cuz he can't say all the words, but his spelling--fabulous. So we went to his appointment and his therapist just thinks he is great. She does not worry about him at all, she even referred to him as brilliant today. He only has one appointment left. Yes after all the work it took to get him in--we are leaving early. But at least he is doing well.
And then my other children. I observed a shoulder surgery today of one of my athletes. It was good to observe, but he is going to have a longer recovery than he expected. After the parents told me how I had been helpful, supportive and approachable I had to tell them I am leaving. Then as my athlete awoke, he asked if I would do his therapy. I so totally feel like I am just ditching a bunch of kids who have come to trust me. ( Which isn't always easy to do with high schoolers) Sorry, see ya, gotta go now. I worked in Gillette for 5 years and I don't think I had as many parents coming up to me just to say hi. I know I have to (and I want to )put my kids first, but I forsee many more tears before I leave these kids behind.

No comments: