Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. ~Robert C. Gallagher

We have officially made it to Minnesota. It has been a small ordeal of course. I can't really just do anything--it has to be a "DEAL". We of course had WAY too much stuff to fit into my car when I went to leave Wednesday morning. It took several trips to the dump and a trip to the UPS store and an overhead car carrier thingy and finally I just started leaving little things in the house. The kids were a little "crunched" as Isaac would say. Because we left so late on Wednesday we stopped in Bozeman for the night and the kids got to enjoy staying at a hotel. Of course the power went out during the night and put the hot tub out of commission during the time we would have liked to use it. We got to Gillette Thursday late afternoon and it was so good to see Chris again! We stayed with friends. Thank you so very much! We had a play date with the Solems and a sleepover at Kaidyn and James' house.
I somehow have gotten stuck with this cold/ respiratory infection thing. I think we had to stop twice on the side of the road to pee and Isaac only puked in the car once. He wasn't sick, just things weren't quite right. He was asking me to roll the window down cuz he was so hot and as I turned to explain to him that I really don't want the window down on the interstate I realized he had his reasons. I very quickly pulled over, not just to the shoulder, but well into the grass. I get Isaac out of the car and start getting everything out of the car for damage control. I have never seen anything like this on the side of the road before so I can only guess it looked pretty crazy. Isaac was so sorry and felt so bad. I tried to console him, but only to hear Zoey say "You puked on my shoes!" He just kept apologizing, poor kid.
By 7:30 Minnesota time we made our destination for a fabulous family dinner. Things are a little crazy with not much of a schedule or routine. But we are getting in some much needed family time. I do have some pics from Montana to post so we'll see when I can get that done. House hunting is slow. And don't forget I don't call people. So if I have told you I will be at your house I will and if I haven't I still just might end up on you door step for a quick hello-we were just passing through and thought we'd stop.

No comments: