Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Children find everything in nothing; men find nothing in everything. ~Giacomo Leopardi, Zibaldone Scelto

My little Zoey is my creative cookie. We usually have free play in the morning. My kids play pretty well together most of the time and like to build forts or play Mom and Dad. That one always confuses me cuz I hear them call each other Mom, but they don't mean me. Zoey has always made up words and songs, but this morning she found her imaginary friends. Isaac never really had any. He would play with his Sherman Bear, but actually imaginary friends he never really needed. This morning Zoey was playing near the kitchen and you could hear her talking, usually phrases normally spoken by myself, but she was talking to Bridget and Diane. It was so stinkin cute. They have gone home now, but I wonder if they will return.

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday. For the most part I participated in the staycation. I did call up my brother and we went to see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. It was not what I expected, but it was still very good. It was kinda overcast and windy here. Not a super sunny happy feel. My kids can't wait for summer and keep asking Grandma Dixie to get out her pool (that she doesn't have). I am sure it will warm up soon enough. But now that the holiday is over, there is a chance I might start looking for a job again. I think I would like to be employed.

No comments: