Monday, May 12, 2008

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

For those of you who didn't realize. Mother's day is next weekend. I should have advertised--Sorry. Chris was here for a few days. How magnificently wonderful that was!! But by Saturday night we had everything packed up and ready to go, by 7am he was gone again. I went back to bed for a while --well to the air matteress actually--the only furniture in my home at the moment. I didn't even realize that it was Mother's day until my mother-in-law called me. I felt bad, but I will be around next week--so girls we will celebrate then.
So my weekend has been spent packing, scrubbing and even doing some touch up paint. Plus you know how sometimes little things just get under my skin--and I will make sure things are set back right. Well the buyers have decided to use the mailbox since last week. Well, we hadn't put in a forwarding address yet, as we didn't have one. Thursday, I check the mail--my key doesn't fit. I have two so I try the other. I am standing there trying to force my key- that totally should work into to the slot and it just won't go. It was late so I figured I would get it straightened out on Friday. Well I am never in Columbia Falls during business hours so Friday came and went. Saturday I smartened up some and called them while I was packing. They said that they had changed the locks because someone else had moved in. I argued that point. Then asked--so what have you been doing with my mail for the last three days? They didn't know. I was denied postal service for three days. They were willing to hold my mail for me, but since I couldn't pick it up, I didn't see how that would help. So after assuring her that I could also produce documentation that I was the current resident of the home and after several phone calls she got me a new mailbox. I still don't understand how they can just kick someone out of their mailbox and its not considered some type of offence. But I got my mail back!

No comments: