Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. ~Doug Larson

My kids have been sleeping well lately. Zoey got up a few times last week, but over all her sleeping habits have improved. I am a little disappointed that the only days she napps are the days she is home with me (Saturday, Sunday and an occasional Friday). Sometimes Chris tries, sometimes he doesn't and daycare plays a movie during quiet time. However, with Isaac not having a chance to nap on his way home from school anymore and Zoey totally nixing the nap, they go to bed between 8 and 8:30 and fall right to sleep. No more pitter patter of little feet running around my house at 11:00pm anymore.
This morning they both woke up early and came upstairs before I had to go get them. Isaac wasn't too sure of breakfast this morning. But he never is. Just like morning time, breakfast is not his favorite. We pulled out some new cereal and I thought all was well. He couldn't finish it cuz his tummy hurt. I still thought it was more of I am not fully awake yet and my tummy just isn't ready. So I told him to eat what he could. Before we left he told me his tummy hurt. I took his temp and he was totally fine so off to school we go. I walked him into the school yard and he just looked so sad. I asked him what was wrong and he said his tummy hurt and it did. He proved it. He seemed excited about going home and sleeping in. But you know for a sick kid he has way too much energy, not to mention that he still feels the need to tell me the best way to get to Kmart (to pick up some 7up) and that 7up and Sierra Mist are the same and that Home Depot is further away than Kmart is. Sometimes I wonder how Mrs.Kremers gets all of these 5 and 6 year olds to manage their thoughts and keep everyone on task. I couldn't even get Ike's shoes back on to go get the 7up cuz he was reading and using a bookmarker and needed to show me the page he was on and he wanted to bring money and he needed to count it and on and on.

No comments: