Wednesday, August 25, 2010

God gave us two ends - one to sit on and one to think with. Success depends on which one you use. Head you win, tail you lose. ~Author Unknown

I was sad when I saw summer coming to an end. It is just starting to warm up!! But as I foresaw this, August still seemed to whiz by without my noticing:(
This week has been a very normal week. Not too much confusion, which for me is a good thing. But the reality of fall is upon us. I took the kids school supply shopping the other day. We went to Walmart which is like going people watching at the state fair, but without the fun rides. The isles were full and my kids had quite the time. I picked up their school lists, but of course Isaac insisted that he already knew what Zoey needed for Kindergarten since he had already been there. Zoey too, had a list in her head that she thought was perfect (and it probably wasn't so far off). I got Isaac registered for soccer, which starts next week. Zoey's age group had already filled so she is not going to do fall soccer, but I'll just register her for ice skating right away. We have also considered gymnastics, but it seems that at the age of only 5 my daughter has found an interest in the most expensive sports in town. So we will see if we do that soon or wait til next summer. So I am already thinking in my head how all these schedules will fit together as we don't have Isaac's soccer schedule yet, but after soccer he wants to do active kids again. I think that fits well, but having kids in different things at different times gets to be interesting.
Also now that summer is coming to a close things are starting to pick up at the rec center again and I am hoping to keep busy there. It will be different having Zoey in school on Fridays--possibly keep me more focused to work. Who knows?????

No comments: