Monday, August 23, 2010

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. ~M. Kathleen Casey

This past weekend I volunteered to provide massage therapy at the MS Bikathon in Sundance. It was a very interesting experience. I miss working events like that--I haven't since I lived in MN.
Anyway it was 2 days of about 100 degree heat and 20-30 mile an hour winds. I was in town of course, but my tent where I was giving the massages actually blew down once--so I can't really imagine how aweful it was for the riders. I stayed until the very last ones came in, and glad I did. The last one in was a girl who came all the way from Oregon and she biked the 2 day 160 mile bikathon with MS. People come from all over and are so caring and compassionate. I love to surround myself with such possitive energy and amazing people.

1 comment:

peggles said...

that is so awesome jara, that you volunteered for this! i wish i made it more of a priority to do things like that!