Monday, April 25, 2011

Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. ~Floyd W. Tomkins

I have to be honest. I seriously thought about going to Minnesota for Easter. The kids had five days off of school. But I wienied out--the thought of gas prices, traveling and possibly bringing Twister.

For this reason my massage schedule was a little unusual. Wednesday night I realized that I had been invited to watch a knee surgery, but had blown it off, cuz I wasn't sure if I was going to be here or not. I tried to call the surgery center and the clinic, but it was already after hours by the time I had this brilliant idea. So I decided to get there early cuz the worst that could happen, is that I would piss off the doc and get sent home. Of course the doctor I work for happens to be pretty laid back and easy going. So as it turns out I not only watched my client's surgery, but I watched a total of three surgeries before 9am. Super exciting! Plus on top of that the doc has been happy with my work and was giving complements that day. After my client was out of recovery, he requested that I do his rehab. I haven't worked with any post surgical patients since I moved back to Gillette, so I cleared it with the doctor first. I finished off Thursday giving three massages and was home by 8:30pm. It had been a good day.

Saturday we went for a drive. I was glad the weather cleared up. I don't check the weather anymore cuz I already know that it is either going to be sunny, rainy or snowy and all in the same day for another couple weeks at least. But Saturday was nice. We were mailed a flat Stanly. So we took flat Stanly around Wyoming and Gillette to send pics back to MN so that my nephew's second grade class can learn about Wyoming. When we got back Chris cooked supper, we had Eric over and of course colored some Easter eggs.

Sunday morning came fast and very early. We knew that if Chris wanted to watch the kids find the eggs we would have to be up early. As it turned out Chris had to go to Sheridan for work that day and had to leave by 6:30am. So eggs were all found before then. We made it to son rise service nearly on time and stayed for the pancake breakfast. Just in case you interested (cuz the Pastor really is) my birthday will actually fall on Easter Sunday at some point in time. Not until 2038 and April 25 is the lastest day of the year that Easter can possibly fall on. I guess it will be my 62nd birthday. My kids weren't fighting too much so we stayed for the Easter church service as well. This is the first time EVER I can remember that I have had communion twice in one morning! We came home and the kids played great for the afternoon, but then Ike didn't feel well. Had a headache and tummy ache. He didn't eat supper and was in bed for the night by 7pm!!!

So today I made some Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Just hanging with my kiddos today. I did go into work for my rehab client. But even the Rec Center's Kids Zone was closed for the day--so no massages or personal training. Just enjoying:)

No comments: