Sunday, April 17, 2011

April prepares her green traffic light and the world thinks Go. ~Christopher Morley, John Mistletoe

Once again it has been longer than I thought since my last post and I do apologize. Not even sure where to start cuz I can't remember what we did during the month of March. May be that is why I didn't blog. The kids went to the dentist and had no cavities AND no green stuff on their teeth! But of course they still want to put Isaac in braces so who knows, we'll see. St. Patrick's Day just happens to be one of the most anticipated events of the year for Zoey. Don't know why exactly, but in her eyes its like Christmas. Which is a little strange cuz she doesn't really get anything and she hates green milk and cabbage. But when I was in Elementary school the Leprechauns were pulling schanannigans (ya I have no idea how to spell that). So often times they visit here and switch things up and are just plain silly for a day. At the end of March we FINALLY got a new addition to our family. A beautiful baby girl. Puppy. Her name is Twister Rain Soost. She was about 8 1/2 weeks old when we got her and she is about 11 weeks old now and weighs in at about 19 lbs. She is half Siberian Husky and half Australian Shepard so she's going to be bigger than what we were originally looking for, but she is beautiful!! Its exactly like having another kid. She finds all the lost color crayons and toys on the floor and I have been cleaning up poop, pee and puke ever since. The first night we had her I took her out to potty at midnight, Ike got up not feeling great, pottied the pup at three am and then was up with Zoey cuz Twister's crying woke her up. A lot of work, but very fun to have her around. You should have seen the look on Ike's face the first time I told him to clean up after Twister. It was like he didn't realize they did that! The first week of April, I went to Cheyenne for some continuing education. It was GOOD to get out of my little bubble for a while, plus I got to learn from one of the NFL strength and conditioning coaches that also worked at Anoka High School. The day I was there (April 5th) Zoey was at school and lost her very first baby tooth. This was good thing, I think. As she had been talking forever about getting the treasure chest from the nurse's office to put her tooth in and this way she got it. Now, it came out during class not during lunch and I heard a couple different versions of the story so I am pretty sure she planned it this way as best she could. She was so excited to loose her first tooth! We have been waiting since Isaac lost his first tooth! Last week the circus came to town. Shawna had an extra ticket so we decided to tag along. I think it was the first for my kids and I ended up buying another ticket in case Chris got off early enough to come with us. I was just as excited to bring him to his first circus as I was for the kids. However, that was the same day I brought Twister to the vet for her first shots. We waited 40 minutes for our appointment. She took the shot fine, but refused to eat the wormer even though the pills were wrapped in some yummy dog stuff, so the vet just shoved it down her throat. I still had to stop at the bank. The ATM is inside the door and not drive though so I left Twister in my car for a minute and when I came back she had puked all over my car and those little pills were still left over so I put them in her dog dish and as far as I know they eventually got eaten! But when I made it home I announced to Chris he was going to have to drive. My car just wasn't going to cut it. The circus was fun. I let the kids have snow cones and cotton candy. We watched the lion tamers, the elephants, the jugglers, all different kinds of acrobats and they closed with 5 motorcycles riding around in a metal cage. I (and all of Gillette) automatically thought of the Simpson's (cuz we watched Homer do it first). Ya--we don't get out much. But it was fun and we all had a good time. I was so excited for Chris to go to his first circus ever and asked how he liked it--he was disappointed that it wasn't in a tent. They held it at the Camplex. Crazy man anyway! I was super hoping to make it to Minnesota for Easter, but it looks like we are just going to stay here this time. But I have thought about checking the calendar to see when the kids have the next days off which would be for Memorial Day. We get out of school like on the second of June or something like that. Soccer season has started. We have made it to most of the practices but games have been cancelled due to weather. Isaac will be in baseball again and practices will be starting soon as will be Chris's softball. So my evenings are being spoken for and of course Saturday morning soccer practice.

No comments: