Friday, May 20, 2011

Map out your future, but do it in pencil. ~Jon Bon Jovi

I so totally cannot believe that the kids only have a few days of school left!! What are we going to do? This just can't be happening quite yet. I did ask the kids what we are going to do. Isaac says we are going to stay home so that he can catch up on his sleep, cuz he has lots of sleep to catch up on! I told him if he just goes to bed earlier, he would have plenty of time to sleep, but it didn't go over very well. I still have so many things to work out--no focus just yet!

Isaac just headed out to his first baseball practice. It quit raining about an hour ago. The one place in the nation where it rains two weeks a year (once in the spring and once in the fall) is having flood warnings!! Zoey has had three of six scheduled games. One played with flurries in the air and one we got drenched in the rain by the end of the game. Of course one was fabulous weather for soccer. Chris's first softball games were cancelled also. So my spring insanity has been quite a let down.

Isaac was recommended for the enrichment program again, so he has registered for two weeks of summer classes. He loves it so much. Never seen so much enthusiasm in him as with this program. So two weeks of that and a week up north fishing. Unfortunately, that is about half the summer right there. I guess we'll have to see how these gas prices fair--I would love to just hang out in MN this summer too.

Well either way, I hope this post finds you all well as tomorrow has been predicted to be the end of the world. Wasn't sure why it was such a big deal so I looked it up. Apparently this guy has predicted the end of the world before in 1994 and when he was wrong he just said that the bible is complex (hello and it also says no one knows but anyway). Not only does this guy think that he can predict the end of the world, but I found it very interesting that he says it will happen at 6:30pm in each time zone. I don't remember where its going to start, but I suppose technically you could travel and squeeze in a couple of more hours. Sometimes the things we worry about aren't really worth the effort. On my last day (if its tomorrow) I will be attending a soccer game and a birthday party--it will be a good day:) Honestly I am more excited to find out about the Mayan calander and if will start over after 2012.

No comments: