Monday, October 8, 2007

"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when “The Simpsons” is on television." (Anita, 6)

O.K. I don't really want to post. I was hoping to just put a bunch of pictures up and possibly some video (even though I have been having trouble with that). Anyway, I haven't taken the time to download the pics yet so just another random account of our weekend.
Yesterday I took the kids to church. I haven't really been very involved so I had to call first to find out what time and what location (we just built a new church). I didn't really wake Isaac up very early as he was still wearing jammies at 10am. We were a little late. So of course the first thing the kids say is "I'm thirsty" very promptly followed by "I have to go to the bathroom". To which I kindly remind them that it would be good if they could wait. After 5 years of this you would think I would learn that church is NEVER just an hour. It is the first service in our new church and they only had one service. So the place is packed and really not even the whole church is open yet. With kids that CAN'T wait we trek around the back of the congregation and then along down the side, passing irresistible tables of cake for someone turning 80, all the way to the front where the doors are that lead to the bathroom. Now I am sure I have probably written about this story like 10 times. It happens once a week. But this time I bet there were like 4 other moms in there with their kids. If there had been any more people in there, there would have been a waiting line. It was like the secret hang out place or something. I think it made me feel a little better that I wasn't the only one.
We headed home, had some lunch and I tried to lay Zoey down for a nap. Now every single time I blog that I think she is sleeping better it totally turns out to be a lie. She was crying upstairs in her room and after it stopped I had assumed that she finally fell asleep. You can totally hear the pitter patter of little feet when you are downstairs and they are upstairs not in their bed. However, assuming is also never a good thing. I was wrong. She had come upon a lonely orange marker and decided that she wanted to be orange. Luckily she only colored on her skin, not her clothes, but every bit of skin that was showing with the exception of right above her left eyebrow was very orange. Eyelids, nose, cheeks, forehead and both hands--she only missed the one spot. It was very amazing to see my little orange child and I nearly took a picture of her for the blog, but I didn't. Ironically though she is going to be a pumpkin for Halloween. Chris got them costumes on Saturday, but she keeps trying to wear Isaac's Spidey costume. It doesn't fit her, but she doesn't care.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love your blog titles. Wherever do you come up with them?

Glad to hear the kiddos are in perfect form! If I forget for some reason, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ISAAC NEXT WEEK!