Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.

And all of a sudden we have the vibrancy of Autumn. The rain we got last Friday has brought out the colors of the trees and while it is still raining the colors are just beautiful.
We had a very low key weekend. Chris hunted. I stayed home. The kids ran around the house. On Sunday I watched the Vikings play. The kids did some finger painting. We use the Crayola Color Wonder because it is mess free. I am such an uptight mom, that I can't always watch Zoey paint. She creates the most beautiful pictures, but she sticks her whole hand in ALL of the paints, then rubs it on like lotion. It takes a lot for me not to say" may be we should just use one color at a time." Instead I just go into the kitchen for a few minutes and put some dishes in the washer and come back and let her know how wonderful she is. Isaac was using the same paints and because they are color wonder it takes a moment for the color to appear. Isaac says "Mom, Its a miracle! Its a miracle!"
Yesterday was a slow day. Football had the day off and I didn't have any massages to give, so I went home. My homemaker of a hubby had supper on the table ready to go. We had fish and he even made the most scrumptious sweet potatoes I have ever had.
This morning the kids had to go back to school/daycare. I had everything done on time and the kids were not cranky. OHH I forgot to start the dishwasher before I left. Other than that all is well. We head out the door and it is still dark. Zoey says and I kid you not "What is this? It is still dark. We should still be sleeping."

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

Wow. Jara - sometimes it's like looking in a mirror. :) Except I can guarantee that your view is a LOT nicer.