Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?

Yep, it has been just short of a year since the last time I hit a deer and wouldn't want too much time to pass. So I hit another this morning. She jumped so close to the car. I had no time to swerve, slow down, anything. However, I think the damage is much less this time. Last year I had to have the whole driver's side fixed, whereas now I just need the headlight reaimed, a new hood and probably a new bumper. We were all buckled in and are safe as is the deer who just kept a runin'. I saw three deer after that in the field and they just stood there and looked at me like--why did you just hit our friend? But do really think they don't see us coming? I never see deer running into other animals running at high speeds. But I suppose us humans are the only ones who have put up deer crossing signs--so may be they just think they always have the right of way. I don't know.

No comments: