Saturday, March 21, 2009

The future is a mystery, yesterday is history, but the present is a gift.

Last night for supper we had mini cheese burger thingys. Super delicious, even Chris likes them. But of course Zoey was not too interested at the time. She says "Mom you made them wrong." "Oh, I did? How should I have made them?" She says "With cookie dough."
Spring has never really been my favorite time of year and here in Gillette it is just rough. I don't mind the extreme weather conditions, but I prefer them one at a time. We decided to take the kids snowboarding today. The weather was absolutely fabulous!!! Yesterday it was well into the 60's (and Chris got the climbing dome back up). Today was in the low 70's. But you all know I don't like to be cold regardless of the temp, not to mention I really didn't want to get wet from the snow and whatnot. So everyone there is shirtless, tank tops, mostly tee shirts and a few even snowboarded in shorts. I on the other hand have on my jeans, snow pants, a tee shirt, winter coat and snowboarding gloves. I would have been less wet swimming! But we all had a great time ( well me and the kids anyway). The snow really wasn't that bad, but I did ride my board though some kinda big puddles of water. It was Zoey's first time. They didn't have snowboard boots in her size so she tried skiing. It went just like Ike's first time--You think they are only going to go once and then want the darn things off their feet. It did take her a while to warm up to them, but once she did, she wanted to keep going. Its kinda hard to take the kids, because I let them both try the tow rope thingy, but neither could get the hang of it. I have enough trouble getting on and off the lift, so I didn't think I should add a couple of kids to that, plus I don't think I could get them down the mountain anyway. So we did it old fashioned way. We stayed at the bunny hill and I pulled them up and watched them go down--like a million times. I am so hoping this will be one of the best glute workouts I have ever had. Chris did take the kids on the lift one time each and they got to do one run down. I think Ike did ok, but not sure that Zoey really did much skiing that time around.
So anyway we are headed for another snowstorm. Not sure how much snow, but we go from 70's to 20's like its nothin'. When I had apple trees it was tough, they would think --oh its spring, we should bloom and then the next day 3-4 inches of snow would freeze the blossoms and no apples. So it will be nice once we decide what season we are in. Isaac is still convinced that because the official day of Spring has arrived that there will be no more snow until next winter.
Isaac got his report card on Friday and has mastered everything that has been introduced to him.
And if you want to make mini cheese burger thingys they are super easy to make. Refridgerator biscuts--line a muffin pan with one biscut in each muffin space. Brown, season and drain hamburger. Scoop the burger onto the biscuts. I added some chopped tomato. Covered each with shredded cheese and put in the oven (about 350) for 8-10 minutes. I bet some bacon would taste fabulous on these too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the downgrade issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=goo easy dvd converter 1.00 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg