Friday, August 28, 2009

If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good. (Dr. Seuss)

What have we been doing anyway? Its all or nothing. Last week we started soccer practice--sort of. I attempted to schedule Zoey's practice right after Isaac's. However, I did not receive the phone call--just got the message to go to Sunflower at 5. Well the message meant Sunflower School, not Sunflower Park (where we had practice in the spring). So we missed it. Zoey's practice I kept very short and sweet with no practices this week. I am going to be happy if a 4 year-old can start and stop the ball all by him/herself without using hands or tears. Good or bad, that is my goal as coach.
On Sunday we started up Church again. That makes it sound like it was closed, but it may just as well have been since we haven't been going most of the summer. I have to get the kids signed up for Sunday School. Hopefully they still have it. My church likes Wednesday Education Time (known as WET) and most kids go to that. So many in fact that Isaac and Zoey were not only in the same class on Sundays, but were often just brought in with the older kids, so it was just one class of about 8 kids. They kept up pretty good with the older kids, so it wasn't too bad. After church we went horseback riding. Zoey LOVES animals and I think it is good for both my kids to understand such powerful animals. They both had such a great time, it was hard to get them off to go home. I think Zoey rode every horse J.O. had! She did fall off once (from the short horse), but was excited to ride by herself with no one holding the lead rope. I even rode Strawberry for a while! I was nervous getting on, but felt better the longer I was on her. I still have not rode a horse in a gallop yet, not THAT comfy. I am still lucky if I can drive a horse. If I kick you --you should go. If I pull on you --you should stop. If I pull hard straight back--you should go in reverse. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. Zoey must have gotten the animal bug in her from my Dad cuz she seems to be a natural. Isaac rides like me-- a little nervous and its hard to find the go button.
Monday I worked all day, but we did get to have the Solem's over for a sleep over. They stayed for most of the day on Tuesday. We had fun painting, playing at the park and running through the sprinklers. Plus they had fun just playing school with supplies that Isaac had brought home from school last year. Wednesdays are slow days for me, so I stayed home with the kids on a beautiful summer day. It was nice to just hang out, play, whatever. The sun was shiny:) And then of course today---we got a tire swing. The kids played on that for hours. Our back yard looks like a regular park. I really hope the kids think so too.
I was pretty bummed today. I had a really good athletic training deal lined up or almost lined up anyway with the college, but it fell through. My competition could provide services for free and I can't work for free:( Lots of opportunities still there, but I was super hoping this was going to work out. Apparently it wasn't as good as whatever is coming up.

No comments: