Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just pray for a tough hide and a tender heart. ~Ruth Graham

Last year at this time, we had just closed on our house and I was getting Isaac enrolled in Kindergarten. About a week or two ahead of that we were living in a camper during 110 degree weather. Oh, the fun times. I am totally used to the weather we had last year and am totally thrown off that we can't even hit 70 degrees in the middle of August! What do I do with that? I am not going to be sitting around in my swimsuit!
Things have been busy. They always are. Chris took the kids camping on his days off and they had a good time. Missed most of the rain. I took the family out to the movies on Saturday (as Chris had to work on his birthday and wasn't sure if he would want or have time to go out). We went to Harry Potter and we all really liked it. Sunday, I did decide to have some of Chris's friends over. We had a good time, but I am really out of practice having people over. We never had people over in MT due to an incredible lack of space not to mention that when we first got up there, we didn't know anyone. By the time we had space and friends--I decided to move. So it has been a while, but all worked out.
The pre-K soccer coach for Zoey's team backed out. The rec center looked at the roster and saw my name and I was the first to be called. I really don't mind doing it at all, but me? a coach? of anything? I don't know how that's going to go. I just hope they don't plan on me doing it forever, cuz they keep saying "once you start, you don't get out." This is a one time thing.
I almost forgot--our back yard is now actually fun enough for the kids to want to play out there. Our sandbox still doesn't have any sand, but the climbing dome is up, we have a new to us swing set and a net has been put up for yard games, like badmitton. The kids love it and I love watching them. The kids are actually doing well with badmitton. We haven't tried the volleyball yet. We got some ring toss going too.
Still knitting, still massaging, and still telling the kids to stop fighting! Yada Yada Yada.

No comments: