Thursday, August 13, 2009

No road is long with good company. ~Turkish Proverb

Looking back, this summer has been quite busy with T-ball, gymnastics, kids camp and two trips to Minnesota. Yet I totally feel that the summer has flown by and that I got absolutely nothing done. I want more summer. More hot days. More lemonade outside while watching the kids play. More bike rides, more days at the lake and more days to camp and spend in the mountains. The kids start school in just a couple of short weeks and with such a cool, wet summer so far it just doesn't seem time. Apparently as I write this I am OK with overindulgence which usually is not the case.
I spent another quick trip in Minnesota to go to Mandy's wedding. It was a great trip!! I can't believe how many people I saw, how many people I hadn't seen in years! The wedding was beautiful and the ceremony even went off without a hitch. I danced all night. Not only did I get to pretend I knew how to dance to Thriller, but I even danced with my brother once! It was a time for pictures as all of my mom's siblings/ spouses were around at one time and all except three cousins! Unfortunately I had to work on Monday and didn't get to stay for all of the festivities at The Farm which would have been totally fabulous!! Instead, I drove home with some pretty tired campers, (one of which cried most of the way home). I have been pretending that my kids don't need naps, cuz they are getting a little older and I had to have the talk from Isaac's teacher when he was four. But really---Zoey should never be without one no matter what SHE thinks! But back to the car ride I traveled with: pillow, blanket, magnadoodles, colorbooks/colors, books, CD of their favorite songs and a stuffed animal. We have not traveled with DVD players for about a year now and we do well:)
Today was beautifully warm and sunny, so I took the kids swimming at the City Pool. Its free and great! We followed it up with birthday shopping for Chris and then attending a birthday party at the City Park for Kinley's 5th birthday. It was a great evening for pizza and pinatas at the park!
Can't wait to post pictures.

No comments: